About 5 Stones
5 Stones offers a career doing fulfilling work in a vibrant Catholic community of passionate professionals. Be a part of our growing, close-knit team in Sycamore, Illinois that is dedicated to putting our gifts and talents at the service of Our Lord by supporting Catholic apostolates with creative, technology, distribution, and support services.
We believe that what you do matters less than how you do it. Yes, we take great pride in supporting our clients as they do incredible work to build the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. It’s such a blessing to be a small part of their mission.
And yet, the true heart of our apostolate is the community of our employees and their families. Our unique culture is built upon our mutual love of Jesus Christ and our shared life which integrates work, family life, friendship, and ministry. For this reason, the fruit of our efforts are not just the results that we drive for our clients, but the Christian community of love and encouragement that surrounds our team.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity to fuse your Catholic faith with your career while joyfully sharing life with colleagues who really care about you… then read on.
The Director of eCommerce is responsible for collaborating cross-functionally to manage and direct all aspects of eCommerce business for 5 Stones. This includes strategizing and executing marketing plans, measuring key performance indicators, evaluating product performance, sourcing new products, and managing the overall effectiveness of the Cedar House digital presence. This role works closely with the creative, warehouse, accounting and customer service departments to ensure revenue and customer goals are met. Most importantly, this position is responsible for ensuring that the efforts of Cedar House support the evangelical mission of the Church and is integrated into the efforts of 5 Stones as a whole.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Orchestrate all aspects of a strategic ecommerce plan.
- Manage members of the Cedar House team.
- Build a new content acquisition pipeline for Cedar House while also being in regular communication with and delighting the current content partners of Cedar House.
- Own the content release schedule and campaign calendar for marketing initiatives across the various eCommerce websites and sales channels.
- Monitor and track the digital marketing efforts, such as email marketing, social media advertising, and SEO, using various monitoring methodologies and analytics tools.
- Develop strategic initiatives for list-building and lead generation to support revenue goals.
- Guide a cross-departmental team of 5 Stones employees to effectively develop eCommerce solutions.
- Manage the support and features roadmap for the eCommerce websites and sales platforms through prioritization to achieve the business objectives of 5 Stones.
- Provide the leadership for key initiatives such as implementing ecommerce software, marketing tools, and other industry best practices for eCommerce.
- Implement effective and innovative strategies for growing third-party sales platforms such as Amazon, Ingram, Etsy, and others.
- Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking.
- Consult with 5 Stones clients around their eCommerce needs, including owned websites and third-party marketplaces (Amazon, Walmart, Etsy, etc).
- Work with accounting to track the profit and loss (P&L) report for Cedar House.
Attributes of Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of and passion for the Catholic faith.
- Ability to navigate business to consumer (B2C), business to business (B2B), and subscription business models.
- Capable of identifying, sourcing, and launching meaningful content.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams with management of employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and projects according to priority, budget, and deadline.
- High attention to detail and ability to work without direct daily supervision.
- Ability to manage at least one full-time employee.
- Proficiency in office tools and technology such as the Microsoft Suite, G-Suite, Google Analytics, Accounting Software, Project Management Software, eCommerce platforms, WMS, etc.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries
- A one-of-a-kind work environment built by a close-knit team of colleagues you truly enjoy being around
- “On the clock” prayer and Mass times in our on-site Chapel where our Lord is present in the Holy Eucharist
- Premium healthcare and dental coverage
- Paid time off for Holy Days of Obligation and other feasts such as Holy Thursday and Good Friday, in addition to holidays and personal vacation time
- A generous 401(K) plan with employer matching
- Flex-spending account (tax-free funds to put towards out-of-pocket medical expenses)
We believe that the culture and community of 5 Stones are critically important to our mission of serving clients and helping our employees thrive in every aspect of their lives. For this reason, this position is on-site in Sycamore, Illinois (60 miles west of Chicago). Ideal candidates must be willing to relocate.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.