About 5 Stones
5 Stones offers a career doing fulfilling work in a vibrant Catholic community of passionate professionals. Be a part of our growing, close-knit team in Sycamore, Illinois that is dedicated to putting our gifts and talents at the service of Our Lord by supporting Catholic apostolates with creative, technology, distribution, and support services.
We believe that what you do matters less than how you do it. Yes, we take great pride in supporting our clients as they do incredible work to build the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. It’s such a blessing to be a small part of their mission.
And yet, the true heart of our apostolate is the community of our employees and their families. Our unique culture is built upon our mutual love of Jesus Christ and our shared life which integrates work, family life, friendship, and ministry. For this reason, the fruit of our efforts are not just the results that we drive for our clients, but the Christian community of love and encouragement that surrounds our team.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity to fuse your Catholic faith with your career while joyfully sharing life with colleagues who really care about you… then read on.
Our Marketing team is one of three teams within the Creative Department (along with Graphic Design and Software Development). Our marketers work collaboratively with their design and software teammates to serve our mission-driven clients by magnifying their message. We do this by compellingly and consistently representing our clients’ brands through a vast variety of digital and print communication channels.
We believe that our best work is done when it flows out of a relationship. Our marketers work to build trust, camaraderie, and communication with our clients—because no one likes yelling up to an ivory tower or sifting through trite agency jargon. We love Catholic organizations, and our marketers live that out every day through a balance of expertise and humility.
The Marketing Content Creator is responsible for the ideation and execution of effective marketing content on behalf of 5 Stones clients or internal brands. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with clients, account managers, project managers, designers, digital marketers, copywriters, and developers to create content for digital and print experiences that aim to find, convince, convert, and engage our clients’ audiences
- Deliver consistent results across a large spectrum of project types, including but not limited to email campaigns and automated series, digital advertising, social media, eCommerce marketing, lead generation and nurturing, content development, direct mail pieces, landing pages, etc.
- Edit and proofread copy with precision and consistency
- Work with senior members of the team on occasion to craft brand messaging and product positioning, focusing specifically on the content developed to reach and engage a brand’s audience
- Compile and analyze data from various sources to report on and improve the results driven by marketing and advertising campaigns
- Assist other members of the marketing team in configuring and maintaining eCommerce websites, including content management, product pages, app installations, marketing tool optimizations, etc.
- Occasionally attend meetings with our clients to get feedback on work, build relationships, and gain context on the work our clients are doing to build the Kingdom.
Attributes of Our Ideal Candidate
- An understanding that his or her identity is not found in work, but in the Father by whom he or she is fearfully and wonderfully made
- A college degree in a related field is preferred but not necessary if an applicant has the necessary skill sets from professional experience
- Excellent copywriting skills with a particular ability to craft persuasive messaging targeted to various audiences
- A clear, energetic, and empathetic communicator capable of building strong relationships with our clients and with colleagues
- An in-depth understanding of the Catholic Church allowing him or her to seamlessly adapt to various brand tones and perspectives within the Church today
- Comfortability with learning marketing software solutions such as email marketing platforms, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ad Manager, content management systems, and many more
- Ability to balance quality, time, and budget to produce the best possible work on every project
- A passion for work that keeps him or her up-to-date with modern marketing, technology, entertainment, and culture
- Personal commitment to continuous improvement of technical skills, efficiency, quality, communication and collaboration skills, etc.
- An openness to give and receive constructive feedback to team members
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries
- A one-of-a-kind work environment built by a close-knit team of men and women who share your passion and vision
- “On the clock” daily prayer and weekly Mass in our on-site Chapel, where our Lord is present in the Holy Eucharist
- Premium healthcare and dental coverage
- Paid time off for Holy Days of Obligation and other feasts such as Holy Thursday and Good Friday
- A generous 401(K) plan with employer matching
- Flex-spending account (tax-free funds to put towards out-of-pocket medical expenses)
We believe that the culture and community of 5 Stones are critically important to our mission of serving clients and helping our employees thrive in every aspect of their lives. For this reason, this position is on-site in Sycamore, Illinois (60 miles west of Chicago). Ideal candidates must be willing to relocate.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.