Are you looking for a career that fuses your faith with your professional life? Would you like to be surrounded by colleagues (and friends) that push you to pursue greatness in your career and beyond? Are you passionate about the message and mission of Jesus Christ and His Church? Would you love to be able to take a break from your work day in a chapel where Our Lord is truly present in the Most Holy Eucharist? Are you currently thinking that a place like this probably cannot exist? Think again.
About 5 Stones
5 Stones offers a career doing fulfilling work in a vibrant Catholic community of passionate and engaging colleagues. Be a part of our growing, close-knit team in Sycamore, Illinois that is dedicated to putting our gifts and talents at the service of the Church by supporting Catholic apostolates with creative, technology, distribution, and support services. Visit WeAre5Stones.com/who-we-are to read the rest of our story.
Our Marketing team is one of three teams within the Creative Department (along with Graphic Design and Software Development). Our marketers work collaboratively with their design and software teammates to serve our mission-driven clients by magnifying their message. We do this by compellingly and consistently representing our clients’ brands through a vast variety of digital and print communication channels.
We believe that our best work is done when flows out of a relationship. Our marketers work to build trust, camaraderie, and communication with our clients—because no one likes yelling up to an ivory tower or sifting through trite agency jargon. We love Catholic organizations, and our marketers live that out every day through a balance of expertise and humility.
The Senior Digital Marketer is responsible for the ideation and implementation of effective marketing strategies on behalf of 5 Stones clients or internal brands. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with clients, account managers, project managers, marketers, designers, and developers—specifically as an executor and strategist—to propose and then deliver marketing initiatives that find, convince, convert, and engage our clients’ audiences
- Deliver consistent results across a large spectrum of project types, including but not limited to marketing automation, SEO, email campaigns, digital advertising, social media, eCommerce optimization, lead generation and nurturing, content development, brand messaging, landing pages, sales collateral, direct mailing pieces, etc.
- Research, in conjunction with the Team Leads and Director of Creative Services, new opportunities for 5 Stones clients and internal brands to reach their audience based on trends in the marketplace and customer feedback
- Report on results to clients and agency stakeholders by compiling and analyzing data from a variety of software systems
- Attend and facilitate meetings with clients to build relationships, win work, and report on results
- Communicate with clients regularly with warmth and competence to build on existing relationships and grow those client relationships into long-term partnerships
- Support the Marketing and Design Team Leads in facilitating effective communication among the teams
- Support the Marketing and Design Team Leads in creating a culture of innovation and creativity within the creative services teams
- Support the various senior members of the agency in identifying opportunities for growth and efficiency in our service offerings
- Work with the account managers, team leads, and project managers as well as the client teams in order to set specific marketing goals that align with the overall direction and business goals for 5 Stones clients in order to serve their mission of building the Kingdom
- Serve as the lead or assistant strategist for a variety of 5 Stones clients and internal brands under the direction of the Marketing Team Lead and Director of Creative Services. This includes aligning our services with a client’s budget, establishing the timeline of deliverables, overseeing and ensuring the quality of work executed by the team, and reporting on the results of the efforts.
- Collaborate with the Director of Client Services and other senior agency leadership in key moments of the sales cycle and on 5 Stones communication channels to sell 5 Stones services to potential clients
Attributes of Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of experience in an agency or in-house marketing team
- Significant professional experience driving results across various aspects of digital marketing—paid media, email, social media, SEO, content creation, etc.
- A clear, energetic, and empathetic communicator capable of building strong relationships with our clients and with colleagues
- An in-depth understanding of the Catholic Church allowing him or her to seamlessly adapt to various brand tones and perspectives within the Church today
- Comfortability with learning marketing software solutions such as email marketing platforms, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager, content management systems, and many more
- Data-driven decision making paired with a natural sense of curiosity and creativity
- A very strong sense of brand identity and cohesion, whether creating the brand system or operating within it
- Experience working within brand systems, adhering to branding guidelines, and executing a brand across various mediums and projects
- Ability to balance quality, time, and budget to produce the best possible work on every project
- A passion for work that keeps him or her up-to-date with modern marketing, technology, entertainment, and culture
- Personal commitment to continuous improvement of technical skills, efficiency, quality, communication and collaboration skills, etc.
- An openness to give and receive constructive feedback to team members
- An understanding that his or her identity is not found in work, but in the Father by whom he or she is fearfully and wonderfully made
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries
- A one-of-a-kind work environment built by a close-knit team of men and women who share your passion and vision
- “On the clock” prayer and Mass times in our on-site Chapel where our Lord is present in the Holy Eucharist
- Premium healthcare and dental coverage
- Paid time off for Holy Days of Obligation and other feasts such as Holy Thursday and Good Friday, in addition to holidays and personal vacation time
- A generous 401(K) plan with employer matching
- Flex-spending account (tax-free funds to put towards out-of-pocket medical expenses)
We believe that the culture and community of 5 Stones are critically important to our mission of serving clients and helping our employees thrive in every aspect of their lives. For this reason, this position is on-site in Sycamore, Illinois (60 miles west of Chicago). Ideal candidates must be willing to relocate.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.