About 5 Stones
5 Stones offers a career doing fulfilling work in a vibrant Catholic community of passionate professionals. Be a part of our growing, close-knit team in Sycamore, Illinois that is dedicated to putting our gifts and talents at the service of Our Lord by supporting Catholic apostolates with creative, technology, distribution, and support services.
We believe that what you do matters less than how you do it. Yes, we take great pride in supporting our clients as they do incredible work to build the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. It’s such a blessing to be a small part of their mission.
And yet, the true heart of our apostolate is the community of our employees and their families. Our unique culture is built upon our mutual love of Jesus Christ and our shared life which integrates work, family life, friendship, and ministry. For this reason, the fruit of our efforts are not just the results that we drive for our clients, but the Christian community of love and encouragement that surrounds our team.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity to fuse your Catholic faith with your career while joyfully sharing life with colleagues who really care about you… then read on.
Our Technology team is one of three teams within the Creative Department (along with Graphic Design and Marketing). Our software engineers work collaboratively with their design and marketing teammates to serve our mission-driven clients by developing simple, effective technical solutions that their audience can trust.
We believe that our best work is done when it flows out of a relationship. Our engineers work to build trust, camaraderie, and communication with our clients—because no one likes yelling up to an ivory tower or sifting through confusing technical jargon. We love Catholic organizations, and our technology team lives that out every day through a balance of expertise and humility.
- Development and maintenance of miscellaneous websites, microsites, partner sites, applications, and other additional web or development projects
- Integration and optimization of distributed systems
- Architecture of scalable and lean software solutions
- Communication with clients and management to provide sound and innovative technical solutions for the growing business needs of each organization
- Development and maintenance of ongoing and healthy relationships and rapport with new and existing clients.
- Creation of detailed and compelling technical project proposals
- Mentorship and cultivation of both technical and soft skill sets of junior team members
- Technical leadership on projects for which you are responsible
- Positively influencing a software development culture
Attributes of Our Ideal Candidate
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or compensating experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with cloud-native software
- Experience with container orchestration
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Ability to learn new technologies and stay abreast of general software engineering best practices
- Ability to learn quickly, be highly organized, multitask, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision
- Ability to manage time and projects according to priority and deadline
- Must be reliable with high attention to detail
- Interest and aptitude in communicating with a close-knit team of developers, designers, and marketers in a highly collaborative team setting
- A passion for work that keeps him or her up-to-date with industry standards and trends
- Ability to learn quickly, be highly organized, multi-task, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance quality, time, and budget to produce the best possible work on every project
- An openness to give and receive constructive feedback to team members
- An understanding that his or her identity is not found in work, but in the Father by whom he or she is fearfully and wonderfully made
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries
- A one-of-a-kind work environment built by a close-knit team of colleagues you truly enjoy being around
- “On the clock” prayer and Mass times in our on-site Chapel where our Lord is present in the Holy Eucharist
- Premium healthcare and dental coverage
- Paid time off for Holy Days of Obligation and other feasts such as Holy Thursday and Good Friday, in addition to holidays and personal vacation time
- A generous 401(K) plan with employer matching
- Flex-spending account (tax-free funds to put towards out-of-pocket medical expenses)
We believe that the culture and community of 5 Stones are critically important to our mission of serving clients and helping our employees thrive in every aspect of their lives. For this reason, this position is on-site in Sycamore, Illinois (60 miles west of Chicago). Ideal candidates must be willing to relocate.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.